Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Liquor store owner shot with her own gun during robbery

68-year-old Doreen Achuff was preparing to open her liquor store in Texas City, Texas when a man wearing black clothes, a ski mask and surgical gloves walked in. Doreen told police she thought she saw a weapon in the man's pocket so she pulled a gun from behind a counter. The two then struggled over Doreen's gun and the gun discharged, shooting Doreen in the leg.
The robber fled with about $2000 cash. Doreen was taken to the hospital where she is recovering. A store employee arrived shortly after the robbery. "I was in shock," he said. "I pulled up, and I saw the yellow tape. I'm the one who helps her open the store. If I got here earlier, I would have been there. It's scary to think about that."
Ohh shoot.

No comments: