Thursday, August 18, 2011

Father talks of how he always taught his children gun safety after son unintentionally shoots and kills daughter

A 10-year-old Radford, Virginia boy was home alone with his 14-year-old sister, Jessie Kessinger. The boy grew concerned after hearing news reports of a dangerous man on the loose in Radford so he searched the house until he found the key to his father's gun cabinet. While handling a hunting rifle the gun unintentionally discharged. The single bullet hit his sister, Jessie, killing her.

Leonard Kessinger, the children's father, gave an interview to a local news station. "I taught 'em gun safety from the time my son was 4 and my daughter was 7," he said. "We hunted together, we'd to go shooting ranges together, I mean, I showed them the correct way."
According to Leonard's brother, he has now gotten rid of all his hunting rifles.


No comments: